HARmony Camp is a twist on the traditional summer school model – the incoming Year 7 get all the benefits of transition, but it is values led based around honesty, awareness and responsibility.
The other key difference is that it is student led – we carefully train students to run activities, provide support and carefully scaffold the three days to ensure the best possible experience, whilst gradually empowering the student heroes to take responsibility as the week progresses.
Year 6s moving into Year 7. Supported by older students Year 9+
- Training sessions for student volunteers to help them prepare
- Ongoing support and communication with the school in the run-up
- Three days during transition week or the summer holidays, mix of student led workshops and whole group sessions
- The importance of honesty, awareness and responsibility
- The benefits of stepping out of the comfort zone, trying new things and overcoming worries and anxieties
- Developing tolerance and empathy for others
- Discovering your own skillsets and attributes that make you unique and being able to articulate this